The welfare of the children is our priority…
We are committed to the highest standard in protecting and safeguarding the children entrusted to our care at all time. We recognise that some children may be the victims of neglect, physical, sexual or emotional abuse and that all of the staff are well placed to identify such abuse and offer support to children in need.
Everyone working with our children should be aware that:
- Their role is to listen and note carefully any observations that could indicate abuse
- They should not attempt to investigate once initial concern is raised
- They should involve Tom Hinkley immediately
- If they are not available, Mrs Cheema, Executive Headteacher should be contacted.
If any member of staff or visitor to the school has a concern that a child is being harmed, or is at risk of harm, to receives a disclosure (either intentionally or unintentionally), they must contact either Tom Hinkley (Head of School), or Amarjit Cheema (Executive Headteacher).
Our full safeguarding policy is available here:Academy Safeguarding Policy July 2017
We aim to:
- Create an atmosphere where all our children can feel secure, valued and listened to.
- Recognise signs and symptoms of abuse
- Respond quickly and effectively to cases of suspected abuse
We will support all children by:
- Encouraging self-esteem and self-assertiveness, whilst not condoning aggression or bullying.
- Promoting a caring, safe and positive environment within school.